Thursday, October 21, 2010

MORNING MADNESS

This being my first post in the external blog,I thought I’d start with the dramatic madness I encounter every morning at my house.

I have always wondered how mornings turn out to be so eventful and drama-filled each and every day. I'd like mornings better if they started later, is what I strongly believe. You get to experience the best time ,wanting to sleep more only after it strikes dawn and I bet every person in the world seconds me on this statement. But when u sit back and think of the events that happen every morning, you couldn but help laughing to yourself about the comical drama and conversation that you barely hear even while asleep. :D Here’s a sample conversation of the drama ,people, almost daily ,make in my house ;

6:00 a.m: A truly Welcoming euphony (get the sarcasm here) of TV (some random English music channel)jarring all around in my house hearing which even a Hibernating polar bear gives up its hibernation.

6.15 a.m:

Appa: (hunting for the destitute remote finally finds it after a long search,only until people in my apartments think of us like some crazy insane people…After a number of failed attempts to find the volume control in the remote, tries to change news channel which is at its volume best )

Grandpa(Half-deaf invariably hearing aid is his ear!,Master of current affairs! Watches like 20 news channels for a day,no matter of the language):

Mathadha da Ramani.Eppa paru idhe vela!!

Sound veiyen da,onnume seriya keka matengardhu ..

(Ramani,don change the channel.Y do u ve to do this everyday?Increase the volume ,I can barely hear a thing)

Appa(keeps changing the channel): Erkanave alarardhu pa. Sevuttu machine a on pannungo!!

(Its already jarring loud,pls do switch on ur hearing aid!!)

Grandmom(called generally as the queen of exaggeration in the family,rushes out from kitchen ,shouting on top of her voice):Avan yenniki oru channel urupadiya pathurkan? TV la vara 300 channel(they don’t even exist) a yum mathardhu dhan avan vela..Jaya TV vai da Ranjani-Gayathri Katcheri varum.

(Wen has he watched a channel properly.?He has always wanted to keep changing from channel to channel.U better keep the katcheri prog in Jaya TV)

Appa gives up arguing with my grandmom,or rather ,she grabs the remote from my dad n changes to jaya tv.

6.20 a.m:

Appa: Paper vandhudha parungo pa..(See if the morning newspaper has come?)

Grandpa: Arambichutan da ivan. Modhala ezhundhu walking po. Kalan kaarthala paper vechundu okkandhurvan. Thondhiya kora first.Mela aathu mama 1 hour walking poraru.Ne pona odane 10 min la vandhurra.Apram paru pakkathu aathu mari thondhi valandhura pordhu.

(Started early in the morning huh? Gear up urself n go for walking.Reduce ur weight.See how inspiring the man is ,who lives upstairs who walks for an hour daily while u come in tem min..)

Grandmom(to grandpa, who barely heeds to wat she says): Nan solradha keta dhana.Daily indha bajana ivanta paada vendidha iruku.Appa maariye ponnu.. Innum ezhundhukala parungo!!

(Wen has he listened to me.. I ve been ranting the same dialogues daily.Like father like daughter! Look at her she s still asleep)

Me: (cuddling n turning slowly ,half awake, by tightening the pillow above my ears, trying not to hear any more rants!!)

6.35 am:

Me(to a person as handsome as Brad Pitt ,with bell ringing and bulb glowing over my head) : Ahem ahem..excuse me!! U dropped this paper down.

BP: Oh.. thanks! But that’s a used ticket ,that’s y I put it down.

Me: (Embarrassed) Ohh.. sorry then..

(puts the ticket that originally belonged to the trash ,down, back to where it should belong trying to conceal the embarrassment).

BP: Never mind! Hey!!. I work for Cognizant too. Nice meeting you.

Me(Happily Surprised ): How did you know that I work for Cognizant.?

BP: Obviously from your ID tag..

Me(Again Embarrased ,Worse this time): Uh huh..yeah..!

BP:So we seem to be heading in the same direction towards the same road,where are you put up? I am new to this place.I recently shifted to HFC block 3.

Me(excited,missing a heart beat):What?!? You stay in HFC? I stay there too ,block 1.

(ppl on road were literally able to see me drool while talking to him :P )

(walking towards our apartments)

BP: Oh that’s cool. I soo needed someone to help me around with information about this place. Good God I met you. You’re a life savior! I am starving.Can u suggest me some good eats outs around here?

Me:Oh yeah there are many on the main road.Can u figure out where exactly main road is?

BP(with a pretty confused look):Ohh yea I guess!thanks.. Am on the way to ve dinner.. would u like to join?As such I don’t really know where main road is...

Me(flying virtually high in the air):Err hmm(looking at the watch)..ya sure!

When v entered the hotel it started raining heavily.The hotel was full n there was oly a couple table available. The table had a candle lit at the center .The entire ambience was so romantic that it induced a lotta crazy ideas into my mind.The man looked very handsome and totally hot and I couldn’t resist admiring his masculine features.Even though it was cold because of rain, I could feel the heat from his body.I could barely control myself and take eyes off him.After an awkward silence of admiring each other,in an attempt to break the ice, I started the conversation…..

Me: Excuse me,I need to go to the Rest room!

BP(stands up): Sure..

After 10 min v stand together at the wash area.I couldn’t stop looking at him.The washroom was deserted.It was already late.He came close to me.So close that I could feel his breath on my skin,sense the passion in his eyes.I felt a weirdly pleasant fear run down the spine…..

Grandmom:Ne ezhundhu kulikka poriya illa thatha ve po solta.Night lam padam pathutu thoongadha nu ethane dhadava solradhu.Seekram thoongina than seekram ezhundhuka mudiyum. Apram bus miss aidthu nu aathuku thirupi vandhu yen pati ezhupala nu kekadha..Mani erknave 7.

(Are u gonna get up n take bath now..Its already 7 later don regret for missing ur office bus.Thats y I keep tellin you to sleep early so that you can rise early. )

Me: (finding it hard to open my eyes get up only to realize that I had a goddamn dream.) :D

Me(thinking): (Habba thank god its not a continuation of the dream which I had yest ,the horror, in which I witnessed the gay marriage of Symmonds and Bhajji :O )

The loop continues for the next day too.. but with a different ,sober unromantic dream ;).

P.S. Pardon me for glaring typos and mistakes if any.After all this is my blogging debut,though I am only 4 posts old in my company blog :P

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha :D Nice one.. Romantic ambience and "Crazy ideas in my mind"? :D I hope your idea of romance isn't anything weird ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoaaa !!!!
    awesome de :)
    super funny conversations between tatha,patti n appa .. ROFL
    A person as handsome as Brad Pitt at cognizant ..(seriously????)... ahem ahem ... but yeahh .. i guess i know who this dream man s ... :P
    //The man looked very handsome and totally hot and I couldn’t resist admiring his masculine features.Even though it was cold because of rain, I could feel the heat from his body.I could barely control myself and take eyes off him// -- Slightly mills & boon style

    ROFLing post de :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arre it's jus a dream so i ve every rite to dream dirty! :P kidding.. thanks fa ur comments man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ayesha.. ya ya u know all about d inspiration part ;) .. not jus d dream but d mills n boons part too.. :D thanks lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. & ayesha & sandy - u gals read mills and boons ugh?? sollavela...

    awesome typical dialogues . I could even gauge the tone with which they would have told...
    super !!!
    Mathadha da Ramani.Eppa paru idhe vela!!

    Sound veiyen da,onnume seriya keka matengardhu ..

    Erkanave alarardhu pa. Sevuttu machine a on pannungo!!

    "Cognizant la brad pitt ugh....
    Namaku theriyama ya....
    apo kanavu than "

    this was the what i felt wen i read that...

    rest of the dream description i imagined setwet zatak ad model..where heat comes out of him and you cant resist...It added hell lot of masala to my reading :P

    you could have opened an account in wordpress..its better than blogspot....

    keep blogging...keep rocking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks niru..Arre cts la BP..get a life!!dats jus a DREAM! n mills n boons effect frm d const readin of d V-carnival blogs at office..u know my heit of vettiness ..

    Thanks fa ur comments tho .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah hilarious..good keep up the good work..u inspire me to start blogging again!!! been ages...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya ya its all d vettiness dat has influenced me :P thanksie lavs :)

    ReplyDelete